Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Child is Student of the Week at _______ School

God, I am so sick of seeing those bumper stickers reading "My Child is Student of the Week/Month at ______ Elementary School". I mean how many kids go to an Elementary school, a few hundred maybe. And how many weeks are there in a year? 52. Chances are your kid isn't even the ONLY student of the week/month. There's at least 2 or 3 kids in every class that get this lame title. So really, your kid isn't that special. I'd like to see a bumper sticker that reads "My Child is a Billionaire" or "My Child won a $50,000 Scholarship" or "My Child Invented This". Now, that would be something to show off to strangers about.

Perhaps I was just angry because I was sitting in traffic behind this slow van (not even a mini-van an actual van-van) which had one of these annoying bumper stickers. Either way, those bumper stickers are really irrating, please show me something worth while.
-jaq

No comments: